Battery Engineering Project Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be at the center of the action on new battery product development for Apple's groundbreaking products! Apple seeks an Engineering Project Specialist (EPS) to lead and coordinate activities related to Battery materials critical to delivering our products. Apple's Engineering Program Management Team is looking for an inventive, ambitious EPS to assist with BOMs, ECOs and Material Management. You should be a confident organizer who can prioritize issues and track details to handle the risks associated with early manufacturing builds.
- 3+ years of meaningful industry experience.
- Understanding of basic BOM components (preferably for hardware products and Agile).
- Detail orientation and dedication to accuracy.
- Unparalleled multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience managing, organizing and maintaining large quantities of data.
- Self starter who can follow direction and adapt to changes.
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment with little direction.
- Ability to react to resets and constant changes in a demanding, time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Superior critical thinking skillset.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Experience with overseas vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills. and the ability to work with large, multi-functional teams.
- Off-hour support via email and phone.
• Craft and handle BOMs (Bills of Material), part numbers, and archive related technical documentation. • Work on multiple projects at a time. • Build, manage and process Engineering Change Orders, Engineering Change Requests, and Manufacturer Change Orders. • Create Purchase Requisitions, track and obtain PR approvals (calling out to management when necessary). • Support Engineering Program Managers, providing weekly status updates and in some cases crafting, maintaining, and managing task-based schedules. • Coordinate with Global Supply Managers and Corporate Procurement teams to get engineering project objectives accomplished. • Identify areas of improvement or gaps in current processes and develop strategies to promote efficiency and productivity.
Education & Experience