Machine Learning Education Facilitator
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you love tackling challenges that create a positive impact? If so, then we want you. Apple’s AI/ML organization is looking for a Machine Learning Education Facilitator to organize machine learning education at Apple. Contribute to a program that helps Apple engineers learn to build amazing user experiences powered by machine learning. And work with people who create groundbreaking technology that supports machine learning at scale. Join the AI/Machine Learning team at Apple!
- Understand a wide variety of machine learning techniques and how to apply them to develop models.
- Have experience developing tutorials for machine learning
- Are fluent in Python and iPython notebooks
- Are passionate about helping others learn in a challenge-based educational environment and through online courses
- Understand how to ask questions that encourage others to think more broadly and pursue self-study
- Have a strong presence and the ability to work with employees at a variety of levels—engineers, EPMs, and managers
- Can work independently and collaborate expertly with the AI/Machine learning group and across other engineering organizations
- Have an open mind and a desire to explore new ideas and approaches to engineering education
- Have superior verbal and written interpersonal skills
You will be part of a team that’s responsible for developing and growing a machine learning educational program for Apple engineers. We have both online and in-person courses and workshops. Your primary responsibility will be to facilitate in-person challenge-based workshops for engineers new to machine learning. You will provide assistance to students as they work through course materials. You will create challenges to help students apply concepts and build confidence. You will monitor and respond to online discussions about machine learning. You will assist ML Faculty in the implementation of new courses.
Education & Experience
PhD in Machine learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or related field or MS in related field with a strong academic track record 3+ years of research experience in academia or industry