Machine Learning Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion, and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide the on-device machine learning infrastructure, data products, and algorithms supporting some of Apple's most exciting applications and services. Leading Data Engineers and Machine Learning Engineers the ML Engineering Manager’s focus is the implementation of user-centric analytics. Imagine what you could do here.
- Experience leading engineering projects from inception to shipped software
- Consistent track record of hiring, and developing great engineers
- Deep & broad understanding of machine learning theory, practice, and tools
- Passionate problem solver, building the best solutions for the most important problems
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, leveraging problem-solving skills and a learning mindset to build long-term relationships
- At least 5+ years hands-on software development experience
- At least 3+ years engineering management experience
- Working knowledge of governance/security concepts and technologies including (encryption, anonymization, PCI, PII, HIPAA, etc.)
We are looking for a manager with a strong foundation in computer science & machine learning theory and industry experience. In this role, you will lead development of iOS frameworks leveraged by one of Apple’s newest customer- facing apps. You will have a proven ability to solve problems, interest in continuous learning and digging deep into the domain when necessary. Job functions include: • Direct management of team of ~6 engineers, including hiring, coaching, and performance management • Champion for ML vision and how new tools can be applied to enable the features conceived of by the Human Interface and Product teams • Cross-functional collaboration during scoping, design, and implementation • Establishment and maintenance of data product & model governance
Education & Experience
BSc or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered.