AirPlay Screener Intern
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod, and Mac OS. Combining ground breaking software techniques with next-generation hardware, IMG takes the media experience to the next level.
- - You will have strong programming skills with C/C++
- - You will have experience doing real-time multithreaded programming
- - You will have experience programming on embedded systems
- - You will have excellent communication and reciprocal skills
- - You have an ability to work with multi-functional engineering teams
- - You have an ability to work well with tight schedules and rapid development cycles
- - Desired Experience:
- - You have experience with Media streaming system design, especially audio
- - You have experience in developing and maintaining an API for multiple clients
- - You have experience with using and developing media libraries especially for mobile platforms
- - You have experience debugging problems in a highly concurrent environment
- - You have familiarity with inner workings of media systems and audio/video codecs
- - You have familiarity with the TCP/IP suite of protocols
- - You have familiarity with network configuration protocols (e.g. DNS, DHCP, Bonjour, etc)
- - You have a track record of shipping products
- - You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- - You have an ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- - You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
The Connected Media group is looking for a senior software engineer to join our team to work on AirPlay. We are looking for expert developers that have debugged complex and layered software stacks. You will be curious, self-motivated, and thorough when they approach new challenges. As an engineer on our team you will be responsible for crafting and implementing new features in AirPlay across our product lines. You will be able to collaborate effectively on a team, and thrives in a dynamic, highly fluid environment.
Education & Experience
BS/MS IN Computer Science or equivalent. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.