Media Quality Engineering Intern
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Interactive Media Group (IMG) is now seeking a world-class and dedicated engineer who is passionate about building an innovative media and graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, to Apple TV, iTunes, and macOS as well as Apple’s professional and consumer applications from Final Cut and Aperture to iLife and iWork. IMG drives Apple’s media experiences with core technologies such as Metal, QuickTime, OpenGL, Core Audio, Quartz Composer, Core Video, Core Animation, and more.
- - Embedded systems QA engineer, comfortable working hands-on with embedded platforms (“QA” not a hard requirement)
- - Video systems and technologies - video quality metrics, video tools, basic knowledge of video coding, video frameworks (Ex: FFMPEG, OpenCV)
- - Proficient in C, C++ and Scripting - preferably, Python
- - Understanding object compilation and linkage, including object inspection
- - Proficient in Linux and command line environments
- - Experience working with device debug tools (Ex: JTAG)
- - Comfortable hacking and patching software
You should have experience crafting and implementing new technologies and user experiments from the ground up. You will work cross-functionally in both the design and implementation of new software technologies as well as in the course of user testing and facilitating their adoption for a wide range of clients. As a software engineer on the Media Quality team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of algorithms, tools and evaluation in the video quality area for utilization within your immediate organization as well as driving their adoption by other engineering teams and 3rd party partners.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- - iOS development experience
- - Experience conducting user experiments
- - Psychophysics and UI experiments