System Engineering Project Manager (Watch)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is seeking a Watch System EPM who will be responsible for leading a broad multi-functional team in developing Watch projects. In this role, you will create and track project schedules and also initiate communication between project teams and external vendors. As project manager in charge of development phase of the project, you will also collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations managers, marketing managers and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and product quality goals. Phenomenal communication skills are crucial to thrive in this position.
- 4-8+ years of consumer electronics industry and project management experience. Experience with portable consumer electronics devices.
- Strong technical background.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills and ability to inspire others.
- Experienced in setting up project schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Understanding and dealing well with rapid development cycles; remaining flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Self- starter, dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel internationally to support builds.
The Watch System EPM leads a multi-functional team of electrical, software and mechanical engineers, utilizing a solid EE/CE/ME background to recognize, review and communicate multi-functional issues and risks. They facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, they drive day-to-day program activities to meet overall program objectives. You should be able to communicate well with diverse team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community environment.
Education & Experience
BSEE/ME degree or equivalent, MS Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.