Business Intelligence / Data Visualization Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking an expert Business Intelligence Analyst to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Music, Apple TV and other services. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building models to drive strategy. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, content, business, and marketing partners. We encourage independent decision-making and taking calculated risks. AMP Analytics collaborates with partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through deep quantitive research of the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Books and Apple Podcasts among other services.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Visualization, Data Scientist, or Data Analyst role, preferably for a digital subscription business.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- You have a curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- You have good communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle work to tight deadlines and the pressure of executive requests.
You will build dashboards, self-service tools, and reports to analyze and present data associated with customer experience, product performance, business operations, and strategic decision making Closely partner with our Data Science team to develop global BI dashboards, data pipelines, sophisticated security controls, and scalable ad-hoc reporting Engage with Product, Business, Engineering, and Marketing teams to capture requirements, influence end-state way we make decisions, and craft world class BI tools to support those partners You will partner with Data Engineering and Data Science to craft our data infrastructure investments in support of BI needs You should influence upstream data model design, drive aggregate definitions, and develop your own data solutions as needed Successfully bridge analytics and business, ability to speak the language of both. Provide coverage on ad-hoc analysis from diverse partners and automate those needs over time
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field.