AI Research Internship
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
AI Research team is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of ML Researcher. Our team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with particular focus on deep learning (DL), computer vision (CV), Natural Language Processing (NLP), optimization, and reinforcement learning (RL). As a member of the team, you will work on some of the most challenging technical problems, develop new ML solutions that will impact future Apple products, and collaborate with the best product teams to integrate your ideas into products. In addition, you will engage with the academic community by publishing your innovative research, and speaking at conferences and events.
- In-depth expertise in DL and statistical ML
- Expertise in one or more of CV, NLP, optimization, RL, time series, generative models, signals, and computer graphics fields
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research
- Good presentation and writing skills
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C/C++; CUDA or other GPGPU is a plus
- Knowledge of common ML frameworks
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, to meet the production deadlines and, at the same time, to explore independently new innovative ideas that can improve and transform the product experience of Apple customers
- Be able to deliver ML technologies aligned with the core values of Apple, ensuring the highest standards of quality, scientific rigor, innovation, and respect for user privacy
You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple to transfer AI/ML solutions. You will have opportunities to provide technical mentorship and guidance, prepare technical reports for publication and conference talks. You are self-motivated, excellent problem solver, and a fast learner. You are quick to forge relationships and comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have strong programming skills with tried experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions.
Education & Experience
PhD or Masters degree in Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Science, or related areas. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.