Annotation Operations - Business Intelligence/Extract Transform Load Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
We are looking for an exceptional BI/ETL engineer to design, implement, and operate an array of data pipelines, telemetry, and visualizations across Apple annotation platforms.
- 5+ years in software development
- Experience implementing services supporting thousands of users
- Expert knowledge of Python, Java, or Scala.
- ETL experience using Kafka, Lambda, Glue, or related technologies
- Working knowledge of distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark, and Cassandra. AWS stack experience highly desirable (specifically S3, Redshift, ECS, and Aurora). Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to simultaneously juggle multiple complex projects
This role oversees integration of data from numerous Apple platforms to provide a unified view of ML/AI annotation crowdsourcing. This requires bridging disparate infrastructure and technologies to support operations management, financial oversight, quality assessment, and capacity planning. Responsibilities include driving work to improve data collection and reporting, ensure data integrity across multiple data sources, and reduce analysis time through automation and near-real time aggregation. Work will be undertaken in concert with development team partners, looking to both better incorporate analytics in existing platforms and extend functionality through new unified components. The position requires a software programming skill set, utilization of statistical techniques, experience understanding data integrity, and implementing automated solutions. A strong grasp of relational database management systems, design, and structured query language is necessary. Leveraging complex data set understanding, the successful candidate will select and configure appropriate technologies and programming languages to ensure successful business impact. Working closely with partner platform and engineering teams, this role will both develop and directly maintain analytics pipelines within the operations team.
Education & Experience
BA/BS computer science or equivalent coursework with degree in a quantitative discipline. Graduate work preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.