Annotation Operations - Platform Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
We are looking for an experienced Platform and Automation engineer to design and develop scripts to handle data across array of data storage, pipelines and Apple Annotation platforms.
- 4+ years in software development
- Python coding and automation
- Basic understanding of SQL syntax
- Knowledge of Full Stack Product development Architecture and Design - REST API, micro services, Flask
- Basic Linux knowledge and understanding of CS fundamentals
- UI Skills - React JS preferred
We are a dynamic team handling critical machine learning annotation data across multiple platforms. This role automates the data movement across various data storage and Annotation platforms. This also requires understanding of the platform's design and architecture to be able to debug issues related to data movement and also to extend existing plugins to create a new UI. Automate everything mentality is valuable here. We are looking for someone who is excited to learn and utilize new technologies to solve increasingly challenging problems.The position requires a software programming skill set, utilization of statistical techniques, experience understanding data integrity, and implementing automated solutions. A strong grasp of relational database management systems, design, and structured query language is necessary. Leveraging complex data set understanding, the successful candidate will select and configure appropriate technologies and programming languages to ensure successful business impact. Working closely with partner platform and engineering teams, this role will both develop and directly maintain analytics pipelines within the operations team.
Education & Experience
BA/BS computer science or equivalent coursework with degree in a quantitative discipline. Graduate work preferred.
- Script and automate data processing and extraction, including on-boarding of new projects
- Use and create REST APIs to streamline interactions with other tools and services
- Use other techniques, like queues, stream processing, or lamda, to scale automation
- Extend our annotation platform, including development of new plug-ins
- Extend existing UI plugin to create a new UI interface