TDG SW Engineering Program Manager (EPM) - Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group at Apple is looking for a software engineering program manager (EPM) to drive SW bring-up on new hardware platforms. We are looking for an ambitious teammate with experience in embedded or system software, who thrives in a fast paced environment. If the idea of being part of a multidisciplinary team that is crafting the future of consumer electronics and being challenged every single day appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
- 3+ years of project management experience in embedded or system software or consumer hardware
- Ability to understand new technologies and dive into details
- Extraordinary verbal /written communication skills, ability to distill information for the right audience
- Self-motivated, collaborative, curious, pro-active with demonstrated critical thinking capability
- Great attention to detail
In this role, you will drive large, cross-functional efforts to deliver SW for new HW platforms. This requires leading all aspects of SW bring-up: you will define, schedule, prioritize, track, measure and communicate status. Identifying and mitigating risks, removing road blocks and facilitating communication between teams is critical to the role as you lead efforts across teams representing multiple layers of the software stack as well as other cross-functional partners (Hardware, Silicon). You will also look for opportunities to continuously improve team’s processes and execution.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CE/EE/CS or equivalent work experience
- Prior hands-on engineering experience with embedded SW or HW development is desired