Software Tools Engineer - Human Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are a team of Software Tools Engineers developing web based tools and applications for internal Engineering teams. Our work supports the engineers building the products that millions of people use every day to live a better life. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Strong fundamentals with one or more of C, C++, Java.
- Strong hands-on experience in object-oriented programming.
- Python experience at least 1-2 years
- Strong communication skills
- Web development using:
- Python/Django (or similar MVC backend frameworks)
- Full-solution/full-stack design experience
- Relational database design
- UI design and implementation
- Preferred Additional Skills:
- Server Administration / DevOps
- iOS development
- Extensive experience with UNIX shell
- Exposure to scalable systems
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
We design, development, and deploy SW for internal engineering teams. Projects include: • Complex data storage (relational, non-relational, block, file) • Backend logic for data organization and processing • Custom cross-system APIs • Custom authentication/authorization mechanisms • iOS/macOS apps • HW test automation • Full-stack ownership (from communicating with customers to design, implementation, and deployment)
Education & Experience
BS or MS Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent