Hardware System Integration EPM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
System Integration Engineering Program Manager (System EPM) in Hardware Engineering responsible for managing custom compute development cycle from concept to deployment across teams, leading cross-functional teams.
- 6+ years of HW design engineering, and HW program management or engineering management experience
- managing cross-functional teams on HW/SW integration in development phase
- Directly managed 2+ product development cycles for a System with HW and SW integration involved
- Leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of enabling larger cross-functional teams to deliver complex systems efficiently and with high quality. The ideal candidate will understand the who, what and how of hardware and software system development, orchestrate all of it into a program plan and schedule, then successfully manage execution of the program plan. Key Responsibilities: Support system definition and drive closure to architecture and technical opens in the early stages of a project. Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with engineering team Cross-functionally communicate key developments and updates on new projects/products at executive level. Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks in a actionable form to upper management. Establish and manage program feature baseline, scheduling, critical path, and technology risks areas for execution. Lead cross-functional teams, including EE, ME, PCB development, NPI, and Software in engineering and validation activities Planning and execution of product prototype builds.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Engineering required, Electrical Engineering preferred.