Mechanical Design Engineer- Sensing Product Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas become great products through the passion and dedication of the people who work here. The Sensing Product Design team is looking for a talented engineer to build great experiences and bring Apple products to life. JOB DESCRIPTION Product Design/Mechanical Engineer to lead the design, development and validation of sensor technologies.
- You will have 4+ years of hands-on, works-by-design experience in a production environment; high volume, consumer electronics and sensor experience a plus
- 3D CAD experience required, NX preferred
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis
- Applied knowledge in flex circuits, printed circuit boards, material science and basic chemistry is helpful
- Disciplined in crafting clear engineering documentation (including GD&T)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with multi-functional team members, management and external vendors to achieve project goals
You will be responsible for the end-to-end mechanical development and integration of a sensor module into a product. Responsibilities include: - Generating design concepts and executing all phases of a development cycle - Defining mechanical component outlines and assembly schemes - Generating sensor module specifications and engineering documentation - Creating dimensional and tolerance analyses - Design validation and characterization from prototype bring-up to product testing - Driving failure analysis and design of experiments (DOE) to reach design solutions and corrective actions - Driving design toward Apple's cosmetic requirements - Conducting design reviews and driving file release process - Communicating cross-functionally on design directions and requirements - Managing and tracking multiple priorities within schedule requirements - Driving external vendors toward common project goals; acting as PD technical liaison among vendors - Participating in the development of new manufacturing processes - International travel required 15% to 25%
Education & Experience
BSME required; MSME preferred (or equivalent)
- You will work with us from Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, California and participate in international travel, as the team goes on-site for manufacturing support to ensure success. It's one of the most exciting aspects of the job.