Processor Performance Characterization and Tuning Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a chip design effort interfacing with many disciplines, with a critical impact on getting high quality products to millions of customers quickly. You will be responsible for silicon performance characterization and tuning for CPUs. The role includes developing tests to characterize CPU performance, analyzing and profiling software/applications, correlating and comparing performance across silicon/system software version, and working with OS and compiler teams on performance debug and tuning.
- The ideal candidate should have 2+ years of processor performance verification experience.
- Strong understanding of processor architecture and micro-architecture
- Experience in CPU benchmarks and workload analysis
- Experience in CPU performance profiling
- Good knowledge in compiler techniques and OS for performance optimization
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work across teams to optimize silicon performance
- Strong programming skills
Work closely with architects and performance modeling team to develop plans for silicon performance profiling and characterization. • Develop instruction profiling tools on silicon. • Analyze and profile various CPU workloads and benchmarks. • Debug performance issues and conduct performance tuning on silicon. • Benchmark, correlate and compare CPU performance across silicon/OS/compiler versions. • Present CPU performance characterization and tuning results to cross-functional teams. • Work closely with OS and compiler teams on system and application performance tuning.
Education & Experience