Technical Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could accomplish here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Are you ready to bring your passion and dedication to your next challenging career adventure? Join Apple's Corporate infrastructure PMO team, within the Information Systems and Technology group, as a Technical Project Manager. Be involved in meaningful and fast paced projects, that support Apple’s business by providing on-time delivery of real estate and engineering projects.
- 10 years of overall project management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple technical and business teams
- Strong experience in multiple vendor management
- Experience in process improvement
- Inspiring, highly motivated, innovative and have a consistent track record of running concurrent projects
- Able to assess & mitigate risk, lead change, and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Task oriented and well organized
- Shown Ownership
- Experience in team leadership or mentorship
- Proficient in basic office applications on Mac environment, as well as Excel and web enabled conference meetings
Handle multiple projects that deliver and deliver the network infrastructure to new or existing Apple corporate offices, or support engineering projects, on time and within budget. Demonstrate ownership by accurately communicating status of the projects, going yellow or red when needed. You will be responsible to work with business, technical teams and multiple vendors during the full project lifecycle. You will identify and mitigate risk, maintain appropriate documented details on issues. Be able to zoom out to the big picture, and identify process improvement opportunities. You'll be expected to be self-motivated, dedicated, solution and detail oriented, and act as a liaison between various functional units. You will work effectively with geographically distributed teams, be customer focused and flexible. You recognize that building solid relationships with business partners and technical teams will enable success.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or information management plus 7-10 years experience, or MS degree plus 5-7 years experience, or equivalent.
- Experience in construction projects is a plus. Presentation and Metrics skills. Able to “read” the corporate culture and adapt strategy to be most effective.