Safari Core Technologies Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We're looking for an engineer to help us craft the future direction of web browsers, with a focus on using iCloud to improve user experiences across devices. The team builds on the industry-leading WebKit engine and Apple's frameworks to deliver a fluid browsing experience and powerful, easy-to-use features. Your impact will extend beyond Safari, as you help drive the iOS and macOS platforms forward.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment focused on learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong object-oriented programming experience
- Thorough understanding of Objective-C, C++, or C
- Understanding of memory management
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills
- Ability to diagnose performance, memory, and other issues
- Creativity and enthusiasm for design
In this role, you’ll help us develop new, innovative Safari features while taking existing features to the next level. You’ll be involved from beginning to end — brainstorming, prototyping, coding, debugging, shipping, and addressing customer feedback. You will collaborate with the CloudKit client and server teams, the WebKit team, other iOS and macOS application and framework teams, and Apple’s Human Interface group. In this role, we want you to be imaginative and self-motivated, and care deeply about craftsmanship and quality.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred, or equivalent.
- * A basic understanding of operating systems, networking, and threading.