Apple Media Products Site Support Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The position requires advanced knowledge of the products, services, and support tools available to iTunes Store Support advisors. You should be familiar with all internal policies and procedures which apply to iTunes Store Support advisors and stay up-to-date as these policies and procedures change. You should be able to work with iTunes Support advisors and iTunes engineers toward resolution of customer issues. This position can be based in Austin, TX. or Elk Grove, CA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Apple Media Products and offerings
- Experience with iTunes Store support tools and processes
- Ability to expertly work toward resolution of customer issues
- Experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, customer service-oriented environment
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays
You will capture data, analyze, escalate, track and report on issues that affect the different aspects of Apple Media Products support. You will communicate directly and independently with Tier 2 advisors, developers, engineers and functional experts that may reside in remote locations to understand the business problems and processes in order to bring resolution to issues and identify gaps and areas of opportunity. You will craft, submit, and post email prepared responses to be used by Advisors when communicating with our customers as well as iTunes Store customer support updates to our internal support web pages. You will contribute to the development and maintenance of customer support process documents and perform occasional user acceptance testing for application changes, bug fixes and new feature implementations associated with iTunes. This position may also include all Customer Service responsibilities and activities required to support iTunes customers. These activities include; technical troubleshooting, billing inquiries and resolution, refunds as well as other post-sales activities and problem solving.
Education & Experience
B.S. or B.A. preferred, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Expert-level knowledge of the products under the Apple Media Products umbrella, as well as of the support tools and processes used in supporting consumers of these products and services.
- The desire and ability to convey compassion through written communication with internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated and have excellent time management skills.
- Operate with a high degree of integrity at all times.
- Ability to modify pre-written customer responses with appropriate tone, grammar, and spelling.
- Resourceful when seeking answers to complex issues and be unafraid to generate creative solutions within the limits of Apple’s ability to offer them.
- Possess good judgment when balancing customer satisfaction with business needs.
- Ability to work cross functionally with a team approach to accomplish goals and effectively communicate service concepts and system implications to proposed business practices.
- Work on special projects as requested.
- Adhere to work schedules as provided by Site Support Engineering leadership.