Sr. Front End Software Engineer, AMP Workflow Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products has been leading the digital media industry by constantly developing innovative features since its launch in April 2003. We are hiring a teammate to help us build the next generation backend systems to power user applications such as AppStore and Apple Books. We believe there are some very interesting projects in the pipeline, and that this is just the right time to join. This position can be located in Cupertino, CA or Seattle WA. Looking for a self-starting and ambitious individual who can deliver elegant and simple user experiences on top of complex systems. Our products help deliver amazing customer experiences in our Apple Music, App Store, TV, and other products across the Apple Media Product ecosystem.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a professional programming position
- Expertise at building and deploying re-usable JS modules by using technologies like NPM, Lerna
- Knowledge of Java or other strongly typed programming language is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database systems is a plus
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Have a belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle
- Love the idea of ownership and delivering amazing products
Apple Media Product Workflow Engineering Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to provide new applications and infrastructure in order to support its fast paced growth. We build complex applications utilizing React, Redux and other complex backend systems to drive this growth. Our applications are responsible for the creation and delivery of content needed to support Apple Music, App, Video, Books, Podcasts and other verticals. We are at the very beginning of a multi-year program to scale our content delivery pipelines and operations. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.