Maps Data and Machine Learning Internship
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Maps is one of the world's largest mapping platforms, serving billions of requests each week. The platform supports not only the Maps app on the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, CarPlay, and Mac, but also many third-party apps used by millions of customers around the world. We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated intern to join the Maps Evaluations Engineering and Machine Learning team. The successful intern candidate will work with a team that is responsible for delivering platform services to enable measurement of the success of Maps features across millions of devices. This team is tasked with designing and delivering highly scalable, highly available platform services for the Maps Eval group. The ideal intern candidate loves data and will dedicate their efforts to ensure we are collecting meaningful data to help continuously improve Maps.
- Experience in software development with a concentration in Machine Learning.
- Experience crafting and developing high-volume, low-latency Web Applications for critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance.
- Experience in designing and developing applications with RESTful APIs using Java and Java based frameworks.
- Web development experience using JS frameworks such as ReactJS or AngularJS preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Development experience in big data storage and processing technologies (Hadoop, Spark) preferred.
You will work across the organization, collaborating with statisticians, data scientists, other tools developers, product owners, engineering, operations, and management. Our products interact with many internal systems and are used by engineers and executives alike, making this a high-visibility team with lots of opportunity for collaboration.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a BS or MS or PhD in Computer Science, or a similar field. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.