iPhone Touch HW- Sensor Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Sensor Technology team develops ground breaking sensor solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best user-experience through state-of-the-art sensor solutions, such as the high-precision, low-latency multi-touch and stylus sensors in our products. New challenges arise every single day that require the sharp analytical skills of hardworking and motivated individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Strong electrical engineering background in board level analog and mixed-signal design
- Hands-on experience in system-level design, architecture, characterization and validation
- Fundamental knowledge of sensor physics and statistics
- Proven collaboration and leadership skills
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will play a key role in designing, developing, integrating, and launching next-generation sensing technologies. You will be responsible for the sensor design analysis, characterization, and validation. You will be required to do schematic design of boards and flexible assemblies. You will work on ASIC application design, system-level bring up, and integration. You will need to perform failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. You will need to engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering. You will also be part of sensor technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations. Business travel to support product development Experience with high volume mass production is a plus
Education & Experience
M.S. in Electrical Engineering or industry experience equivalent.