Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we strive to achieve surprise and delight for every one of our millions of customers around the world. We are currently looking for a Human Engineering Validation Engineer. You will contribute to various projects at the cutting edge of technology. You will possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills, high attention to detail, and a commitment to conducting impactful research in support of technology development. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Previous work experience requiring high engagement with people
- Experience troubleshooting computers and/or consumer electronics
- High attention to detail
- Familiarity with Apple products is a plus
• Facilitate and conduct user studies • Manage study device inventory • Prepare and set up study devices • Assist with development of instructional materials as needed • Set up and break down study session areas • Lead in-person study sessions • Engage and communicate with participants • Troubleshoot study devices • Ensure appropriate participant compliance with protocol • Document session issues • Gather data from test devices • Assist with data review and clean-up • Distribute surveys, review and collate survey responses and other feedback
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required, (master's/doctorate preferred) with a concentration or extensive work in human factors, industrial engineering, cognitive engineering, experimental psychology, and/or human-computer interaction.
- Relevant experience in hardware human factors and/or consumer product usability evaluation preferred.