Siri - Ontologist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Siri NL team is creating groundbreaking technology for machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we create are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices in their day to day tasks. As an Ontologist, you will have the opportunity to directly and significantly impact Siri's ability to understand and execute requests by designing standards and creating strategies for Siri's Ontology.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with building taxonomies, performing data classification, or creating metadata schemas.
- You have a passion for translating business use cases into sound technical design decisions and recommendations.
- You demonstrate familiarity with using data to make decisions on a large-scale product.
- Proven track record of working with or on engineering and product teams.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, creativity, organizational, design, and interpersonal skills; ability to work well with all levels of engineers. Confirmed ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines
- You understand current approaches to NLP and semantic analysis.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Python, Java, C++ and querying languages like SQL or SPARQL.
- Familiarity working with knowledge graphs.
- Develop ontologies, data models, and standards to define and organize Siri's understanding and execution components - Create documentation for ontologies for use across teams. - Interface with product teams using Siri’s ontology and extending coverage as needed. - Identify approaches for conversion between different ontologies. - Validate and review requests for ontology changes.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent