Frontend Software Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Identity and Access Management engineering team is building a number of highly scalable web applications and platform solutions that work across multiple platforms (iOS, OS X, Web) to manage the user access and identity. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. In this role you will be responsible for designing and developing state of the art, fast and interactive web applications incorporating the best user experience patterns and technologies available. You’ll work closely with our business partners and other partners to implement new solutions. You will be working with other talented engineering minds across the company working on some coolest technologies. This is an exciting role, demanding a strong in technology and a penchant for solving complex and novel problems. As a senior front end developer you are expected to quickly translate new designs into functioning responsive web application features as part of our agile, iterative development process. In this key development role, you will work closely with other software engineers, project managers, and quality assurance engineers to build high profile web applications. This is a phenomenal opportunity for engineers with several years of front-end development experience who are passionate about highly functional user interface design and delivering an extraordinary user experience.
- 8+ years experience developing and implementing responsive UI/Front-end for high volume web applications.
- Experience with templating libraries like Mustache, Handlebars or Underscore.
- Experience with data-driven web development, including strong knowledge of JSON, AJAX, and XML
- Experience in Cross-browser development and troubleshooting
- Experience in Java or C++ or Python.
- Extensive use of APIs and a strong understanding of HTTP and REST architecture
- Knowledge of open source application servers like Tomcat or JBoss
- Experience in developing secure web applications and knowledge of application vulnerabilities such as Cross Site Scripting (XSS), Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) etc.
- Experience in developing and handling high trafficked web applications.
- Experience in converting concepts into prototypes.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile development environment.
- Experience in developing web application for mobile is a big plus.
- Contributions to existing open-source Java Script libraries is a big plus
Apple’s Identity and Access Management engineering team is looking for a hardworking Senior Front-End Engineer to develop large scale enterprise wide applications. This is a hands-on role requiring design and development of complex software systems to support existing and new product features. The systems we build are highly critical and touch every aspect of Apple’s business. This is a high openness role requiring strong technical skills and the ability to work in a dynamic development environment to build state of the art access management and provisioning solutions for complex enterprise business problems. Responsibilities Design and develop large scale distributed web applications Design and develop intuitive responsive web / mobile interface Collaborate with Business, UX and developers to deliver high performance / quality web application.
Education & Experience
BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- A proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design. Experience with agile development methodologies. Good grasp of application security concepts Ability to handle multiple relevant priorities in an exciting environment