Corporate Security Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you instinctively know how and when to take action? Do you love performing under intense pressure? As part of our Global Security group, you’ll help manage the security needs of Apple’s most valuable assets: our people and innovations. Along with your team, you’ll be part of an important defense system that protects Apple employees and their work around the world. Your work will help create solutions to a variety of unique security challenges, ranging from the physical security of Apple facilities to the protection of our supply chain. Join us, and you’ll play a meaningful role in preserving the highest standard of security for one of the most-watched companies in the world. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will travel the world, talk to many people and help secure Apple facilities and networks. Adventurous, dedicated and diligent people are heartily welcomed to our team. Apple is looking for an articulate and creative problem-solver with a background in delivering solutions according to the very highest customer service standards. Experience with campus security services, special event security, incident command, program building, guarding service management or similar is terrific. Anyone from outside the security field but who have fabulous customer service skills will be strongly considered. We want the right person and can train the security piece. The Corporate Security Manager is a high-profile position at Apple, who works directly with Apple’s business units, our contract guard services, and the Facilities team to provide security services. We need a problem solver to support our physical security capabilities, increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operation, and coordinate critical incidents affecting Apple. You will exhibit strong leadership experience, top-flight writing skills, an amazing personality, the opportunity to connect with employees at all levels, and a work ethic that won’t quit.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to review and edit the work of others
- Strong interpersonal skills required to establish and maintain positive relationships with other employees and external partners globally
- Experience presenting to large groups and senior executives
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Travel 10-25% of the time, with possible on-call responsibilities
- Deliver results and resolve issues for your Apple partners - Cultivate relationships with law enforcement, government agencies, and security professionals around the world - Partner with security vendors - Develop an in-depth understanding of Apple’s businesses and needs - Develop a deep understanding of growth and development plans - Develop, implement, and maintain site– or project-specific security procedures - Prepare operation orders and direct security vendor support - Partner with Human Resources, Employee Relations, and Legal on security-related issues involving Apple employees and third parties - Build partnerships with our internal business groups - Field security requests for short-term and non-recurring assignments - Work with leaders from the business units who request security services to ensure each assignment and the scope of work are well planned and executed - This is an individual contributor role. It does not have any direct reports
Education & Experience
BA/BS required. Advanced degree preferred. Prior security program management background is beneficial, but not required.