NFC Framework QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. The WTE Quality team is looking for motivated, highly technical Wireless QA Engineer with excellent problem solving, communication and coding skills. You will join the Quality Assurance team responsible for the functional validation of the NFC iOS Framework responsible for all modern day use cases demonstrating Near Field Communication. Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your real passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- Experience using scripting to automate embedded devices
- Experience in Python
- Experience working with C/C++/Objective C Frameworks and API
- Experience juggling multiple projects at the same time
- Experience handling an automated fleet of machines and devices
- Validated ability in writing automated tests
- Past experience demonstrating robotics for testing
- Firm understanding of Git and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with SQA methodologies and filing detailed bug reports
- In-depth understanding of OS X, Windows and/or Unix
- You are constantly second guessing processes and looking for new ways to innovate.
- Experience leveraging multi-functional teams and tools
- Experience working on new products and seeing them through to fruition
You will join a team with varied strengths responsible for qualifying NFC Use Cases (Apple Pay, NFC Reader Mode, etc) on Apple's innovative devices. As a part of this team, you will use your existing skills to understand iOS frameworks and APIs, design and develop automated test cases around these frameworks, and make contributions back to the underlying test framework code base. You will work on test architecture, developing robust test benches, and will integrate closely with developers in a continuous integration environment. You will leverage robotics, break code, and improve the overall quality of iOS for our customers. You are flexible, outgoing, and ready to make an immediate impact on the team with new ideas and a fresh perspective on automated testing. You will use your expertise to craft not just test infrastructure and work you're doing, but have an active role in crafting innovative applications using new and existing technologies. You will be tackling a multi-functional role working with many different teams within WTE and SWE to further improve the quality of our products, and keep a mindful eye on how we can make them even greater.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required.