Web Application Developer, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Marketing Communications Tools & Systems team is looking for a Ruby on Rails developer who loves solving operational problems by building robust and flexible applications and who thrives when working with other developers. You’ll join a dynamic team which builds the internal-facing web applications that help plan, track, execute, secure, and analyze the iconic marketing work you see every day. We architect, code, deploy, refactor, and enhance our code constantly. We take initiative to help define and organize the work by collaborating closely with our product team and our users to learn their world and help them automate their processes. Our team is organized around high efficiency, pragmatism, iteration, and evolution with the business, yet making sure that our applications are robust, performant, and sustainable.
- At least 4-5 years of experience as a web application developer
- Experience building web applications following Object Oriented principles by writing clean and concise code.
- Experience working with a collaborative development team, reviewing code, giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Caring about every element of the application lifecycle including the initial idea, prototyping, iterations, deployment, enhancements, training, support and maintenance
- Experience with automated testing and common library such as RSpec
- Helping users and application troubleshooting through scheduled support rotations
In this role you will play a key part in the creation of workflow and management tools that enable Apple’s marketing team to focus on creativity and execution. You will be expected to build flexible and integrated web applications that help solve complicated technical and workflow problems simply. You will need to build a solid understanding of the business, and iterate quickly in a constantly changing environment. Do you love to get things done, and act pragmatically with solid attention to details? Are you a Rails enthusiast who cherishes learning, sharing, giving and receiving feedback, and improving your knowledge? Do you love to articulate ideas, prototype, change, rethink, and refine on yours and others' ideas? Care deeply about user experience, ease of use, and efficiency? Apply today.
Education & Experience
A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred, or equivalent experience