Engineering Operations Project Manager, Contact Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a Product Owner of Contact Technologies Operations, you will have the responsibility to work with a highly skilled technical support and development teams in our organization. You will work closely with Business and Engineering Solutions teams to ensure that Apple continues to provide superior support to our customers. You will establish priorities and drive technical initiatives within the Contact Technologies team to provide timely response to escalations, and to maintain a robust and stable production environment. You will optimize how we deploy, test and monitor applications from development through production release. In addition to the technical expertise in Contact Technologies, strong verbal and written communication skills are crucial to this position as you will interact heavily with business, and other groups. In this role you will manage complex projects with integrated solutions and technologies to meet business needs.
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Build automation, Configuration Management, SDLC
- Experience in managing projects and support of complex global Contact Center environment
- Background in the development and management of remote support groups, international support groups, and 24x7 support operations
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization
- Experience in a fast-paced and highly dynamic working environment
- Experience with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable.
- Proven ability to manage to deadlines and meet cost constraints.
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Ability to support multiple projects at the same time.
- Proven record of delivering large global projects with geographically distributed teams.
The Customer Systems team delivers key applications used in Apple’s Global sites, including the Contact Engineering platform and its integrations with other Contact Center tools. Responsibilities: - Define process and tools for build automation and configuration management from development through production deployment. - Integrate deployment strategy with automated testing platform. - Define strategy for performance analysis, tuning and load testing. - Define process for continual review and enhancement of monitoring and alarming - Project management of global projects utilizing large scale and complex technologies working with various leads within IS&T and business teams. - Evaluate and Define processes to transition new applications, systems from projects to operations for production support. - Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the support team
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Related field