Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. An Interactive Designer on the Marcom Interactive design team works closely with creative and technical disciplines to create considered and elegant design solutions for apple.com and for email communications.
- You have at least 4 years experience in design, including web, mobile or app design.
- You have proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
- Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills. Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Reliable judgment to see when work may be “off track” and initiative to collaborate with others to find solutions.
- Passion for nurturing relationships, rallying teams to align around a vision.
- Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
- Ability to deliver quality design at high volume in a tight timeframe
- Ability to thrive in a meaningful, dynamic, creative workplace.
- An understanding of the Apple voice, aesthetic, and tone.e
- Photoshop expertise, including intelligently organizing files for design iteration, setting up files for web production, and adhering to graphic design standards.
- Clear communication and presentation skills that speak to both creative and technical audiences.
- Strong understanding of web development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies.
- Prototyping ability to convey preferred states, motion, and/or behaviors for interactive concepts.
- Create original designs that align to project goals and overall creative direction, fluid templates and Apple standards. - Collaborate with Art Directors and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts. Anticipate and solve for potential design challenges, as well as existing conditions. - Guide ideas to meet both creative and business goals within the project scope. - Flow copy into PSD files, adjusting balance of imagery to copy as necessary.Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files and preparing printouts and presentation materials. - Present persuasively and clearly articulate design rationale for project creative solutions. - Provide build-ready design files in a timely manner while meeting quality standards. - Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless. - Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent. - Continually seek opportunities to refine design thinking and improve workflows.
Education & Experience
A BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent) is preferred.