Optical Coating Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Make a dent in the universe! Apple is seeking a world-class coating engineer to support display panel, camera component and optical sensor’s design and integration of Apple’s phenomenal products by leading overall investigation on optical coating process. You will work with both suppliers and internal teams at Apple to shape the imaging and sensing technologies that go into Apple products. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self-motivated. A successful candidate needs to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area.
- Knowledgeable of optics and optical systems including display, camera and optical sensors.
- Strong technical background in thin film coating including EB Evaporation, PVD Sputtering, CVD and wet processes.
- In-depth knowledge of optical coating & patterning process, material properties, optical characterization and surface chemistry.
- Knowledgeable of thin film metrology methods (SIMS, FTIR, FIB, XPS, SEM, TEM, AFM, XRD, Zygo)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate a cross-functional team
- Experience managing domestic and international vendors, plus the willingness and ability to travel up to 20%.
- Preferred Qualifications :
- Industrial experience of camera lens coating/module process OR optical sensor process
- Hands-on experience and proven track record in relevant areas in optical coating industry, advanced process technology development, and associated equipment
Identify technologies that potentially enable desired optical coating performances Lead engineering investigation on new concepts and advanced technology of optical coatings from the concept to the product ramp Take total ownership to drive technologies from R&D to implementation on real products with cross functional teams
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Optics, Material Science or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in related field.