WTE Connectivity Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the "Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE)” organization and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. As part of the Performance Engineering team, you will be working on analyzing wireless system and developing solutions to improve end-to-end connectivity experience. You should have a mix of experience in development, testing and data analysis. Be ready to make something outstanding when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Performance team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Strong knowledge and working experience of protocols such as IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, BLE, TCP, IPv6 etc.
- Development/scripting experience in C++, Python, shell etc.
- Ability to analyze and debug problems across the stack using a combination of tools/protocol analyzers.
- Prior experience in working on early SW proto-typing/proof of concept ideas would be an added plus.
- Analysis tools development experience
You will be working with closely with cross-functional teams to identify optimal design choice to implement based on a data-driven approach. As a part of this process, you will be responsible for devising performance evaluation methodologies on prototypes to guide the final design. You will also be responsible for defining the critical metric targets and lead cross-functional efforts to ensure the targets are being met until commercialization. Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your real passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
Education & Experience
MS in Electrical or Computer Science. BS with 5+ years of work experience.
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills Ability to work independently with minimal supervision