Health Technology Platform Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be at the center of the action on new health related technology and product development for Apple's groundbreaking products! Apple seeks an Engineering Program Manager with knowledge of Health related technologies to further evolve Apple’s products and allow our customers to live healthier lives. In this critical, highly visible role, you will lead programs involving architecture scoping, prototyping, design, integration and validation of state-of-the-art technologies for Apple’s Health platform. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation technologies spanning multi-functional teams of Technology, Module, SW, and System. The Hardware Technologies team features an environment with creative, smart people and cutting-edge technologies.
- Typically requires 5-10+ years of technical experience, and at least 3+ years of program management experience. Individuals with more experience, can tackle additional responsibilities.
- Technical background (e.g. compound semiconductor materials, silicon photonics, optics, EE, etc.) with firsthand knowledge of any of these specialties.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience and is data driven
- Self-motivated and dedicated with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Phenomenal leadership skills and ability to inspire team members.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Teamwork: you are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a reciprocal environment.
- Limited international travel may be required.
• Lead multi-functional teams including Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, Process and Software Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art solutions. • Define the program plan/schedule and run program execution. • Deliver executive communication/presentations and drive the decision-making process. • Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication. • Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status. • Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and deftly. • Improve the system: look for patterns, offer validated methodologies and implement change.
Education & Experience
PhD, MS or BS degree in technical discipline