WebKit Editing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The WebKit team seeks a software engineer excited to work on groundbreaking technologies for the world's most popular web engine. The WebKit framework powers many system applications, including Safari, Mail, and Books. We're looking for engineers with exceptional problem solving skills, a passion for quality, and the desire to push the web forward.
- Familiarity and experience with pointer-based languages, C or C++ preferred
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
As a WebKit Editing engineer, you will be focused on polishing and innovating user interactions within web content. You will work to refine and possibly redesign the experience a user has when typing, selecting text, and interacting with form controls on macOS, iOS, macCatalyst, and watchOS. You will be encouraged to work across all layers of code while maintaining a firm understanding of software architecture. You will improve and expand our testing infrastructure for user interactions within web content.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- We’re looking for a self-starter who has an interest in this area of the web, and experience in memory management with low-level languages. Having any of the following are definite pluses for this role:
- * Experience with advanced C++ features, including templates and C++14
- * Completed projects, corporate or personal, using web technologies
- * Experience with Cocoa or Cocoa Touch development on macOS, iOS, or watchOS