Risk Program Manager, Apple Media Products, Internet Services
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we put our users first. As a Risk Program Manager you are key to ensuring our users get the best experience possible, while also using the best products. Apple Media and Internet Services covers a large list of products within Apple. You will drive items related to the App Store, Apple Music, and more generally our digital and internet services. Apple services are the most popular in the world and require a different way of looking at problems. We offer an incredible, connected experience across the entire Apple ecosystem – iOS, macOS, Apple Watch, tvOS – and are delivering the future of digital services to hundreds of millions of customers. Within this role you will be responsible for driving risk initiatives across all digital services at Apple. This could be purchasing an app in the App Store or transferring money to a friend via Apple Cash. We’re looking for an extraordinary Program Manager to join our team. Program Managers in Risk and fraud, deliver the right feature at the right time. They also have a deep background in risk and fraud prevention and will have experience in one of many different verticals - digital e-commerce, fraud detection and prevention, credit risk or issuance. It’s a hands-on, cross-functional, highly-engaged job. No folks who like to observe from the sideline. A good PM is key to the success of the team and products. For this role, we’re looking for you, a strong PM with a validated background in risk or fraud prevention.
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of program management experience with consumer-facing products.
- 5+ years of risk or fraud prevention experience.
- Hands-on experience building and delivering client software, web and internet services.
- Experience developing payment processing, authentication, anti-fraud, and machine learning systems.
- Self-starting, ambitious, focused, and self-sufficient.
- Experience working in a dynamic, results- -driven environment.
- Extraordinary leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Technical background a plus.
- International product development experience a plus.
- Experienced in setting up project timeline and work breakdown structures.
- Experience handling development teams and assessing scope, size, and budget requirements
- Consistent track record of handling complex software projects and leading cross functional teams to design and develop applications and services
As a Risk Program Manager on our team, you will be responsible for a broad portfolio of work. Specifically, you will: - Deliver the right set of features for our customers, on time and with high quality. - Drive all aspects of the software development process: figure out requirements, scope work, develop a plan, generate a schedule, craft a team, execute, and ship. - Work cross-functionally across Apple to use the collective skills and intelligence of our people. - Be persistent and can discover and eliminate complexity and ambiguity in projects to ensure -clarity- transparency and establish goals and expectations for services requested. - Make critical decisions and trade-offs to ensure your programs are successful. Help to define a product vision and strategy. - Resolve conflicts, troubleshoot, and unblock issues. - Understand complex technical projects and can quickly learn about new technologies and solutions to run their implementation. - Communicate with every level of our organization, from individual contributors to executives. - Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy. - Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, every single day. - Keep up-to date on the latest technology solutions in market to generate innovative ideas to seek challenges. - Work closely with Legal, Privacy and security teams to design and implement solutions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) - Master’s or MBA a plus