Hardware Product Design Internship
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is currently seeking enthusiastic ME majors who can start work anytime between September, 2019 to September, 2020. The interns will provide support to design, engineering, prototyping and validation activities for all hardware product lines.
- Ability to work in team-based environment.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of finite element analysis theory and general mechanical engineering analysis.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
As a member of a multi-functional design team at Apple, you will help to create the next generation of the world's finest hardware devices. You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define user experience. You will work closely with many different multi-functional teams including Industrial Design, Packaging, Safety, Hardware Engineering, EMC, and Marketing.
Education & Experience
Working toward BS, MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or similar degree.
- Desired Experience in any of the following:
- Prior experience in product design (preferably consumer electronics).
- Experience with component modules (LCD assemblies, batteries, camera modules, etc.) and their interconnect (FPC design and ACF bonding).
- Ability in plastic and metal part design.
- 3-D CAD skills
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Handheld, portable and/or hardware experience.
- Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures.
- Design of audio subsystems (microphone, speaker, receiver).
- Unigraphics or Pro-engineer fluency.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to juggle multiple requests/tests