RF Signal Processing Engineer (Location team — special projects)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a RF Signal Processing Engineer pursuing special projects within the Location Services team, you will be part of an exciting team investigating new technologies and how they can transform the lives of our users. We nurture new ideas from prototype to production, helping to establish hardware requirements and system design, conduct developmental testing, write production software, and track our results relative to physical and theoretical limits. Shape the next generation of location-aware mobile experiences by working on state-of-the-art technologies to seamlessly integrate people’s digital and physical lives. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may be the team for you.
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of RF signal processing, especially as it applies to signal detection, discrimination, acquisition, tracking
- Strong software developer with high proficiency in C or C++
- Knowledgable about RF propagation and modeling
- Understanding of radar a plus
- Understanding of sensor fusion a plus
- Familiarity with image processing a plus
- Experience with a mobile phone antennas and oscillators
- Ability to prototype systems for technology evaluation, algorithm development, and error modeling
- Experience with data analysis and error modeling
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Knowledge of software design paradigms and software development best practices
- Knows how to debug complex systems
- Strong, creative problem solving skills
- A passion for developing new technologies
- iOS, OS X, application, and/or unix system development a plus
Join a team which designs, implements, and powers brand new technologies and services on the world's fastest-growing mobile development platform. We are looking for a highly-motivated and creative RF Signal Processing Engineer with an understanding of RF-based location technologies and related fields (RF ranging and angle-of-arrival techniques, estimation theory, proximity detection, GNSS, error modeling). Develop estimation strategies and software to investigate new technologies, fuse with existing capabilities, and enable new classes of capabilities and user experience. Invent and design systems to solve interesting problems in RF ranging, angle-of-arrival, GNSS, WiFi/Cell, indoor positioning, iBeacon, location-based reminders, inertial sensor fusion, dead reckoning, crowd-sourced analytics, and other location-related technologies.
Education & Experience
Minimum requirements: MS or PhD in relevant location or signal processing field (angle-of-arrival, WiFi, GPS/GNSS, computer science, etc, or related field)
- Interested in creating new technologies and solving the algorithmic challenges that come with it.
- Passion for actively learning new skills, techniques, and programming languages/libraries/frameworks.
- Desire to be exposed to all aspects of development; prototyping, planning, designing, productizing, launching, and scaling.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.