Software Engineer, Test Paratroopers
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to discover ways to make Apple's complex software systems more testable? Do you want to learn how to change the way a team works? The Test Paratrooper team is creating an experience which will help you develop technical and organizational muscles you didn’t know you had.
- Experience with object oriented, object based, and/or functional programming in any language
- The ability and desire to work in unfamiliar code bases to improve their quality over time
- Experience with unit testing and/or other forms of automated testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
- The tenacity to overcome obstacles, especially social ones, in pursuit of technical objectives
- The patience and grace necessary to establish the trust and credibility required to influence a team, rather than preaching at them
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment
Test Paratrooper Developers assess a team’s current development and testing practices. We work with them to achieve ambitious goals, leaving them transformed for the better. You’ll become part of Apple's diverse and highly engaged internal Quality Culture Initiative (QCI) community, with access to testing advocates and knowledge spanning the entire company. You’ll also have ample opportunity to share your victories and breakthroughs via the QCI, and help others grow their testing skills and impact as well!
Education & Experience
BA/BS Computer Science or equivalent professional experience