WWRFO Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The RFO team strives to provide cutting-edge innovation and operational excellence for a best-in-class customer experience. RFO turns Retail Fulfillment into a key value proposition for Apple’s direct customers, through Planning, Execution and Strategic Programs. The RFO Program Manager is a highly visible role that will be responsible for strategic fulfillment programs that cuts across Operations and Retail to gain efficiencies in Apple’s fulfillment roadmap to improve offerings in the direct channel’s route to market strategy. The work that is done in this space has a direct impact on the efficiency and accuracy from online to stores teams worldwide. This role will represent fulfillment processes, and behaviors in cross-functional fulfillment projects and programs, as the subject matter expert. New process and system functionality and/or process will be supported by this role from conception to design, implementation, and support.
- You are a great teammate with a “hands-on” and “can do” attitude that can influence through collaboration and leadership. Being able work effectively with other teams and taking them along for the journey is critical.
- You have a deep understanding of supply chain, logistics, eCommerce operations - ideally in an Apple context
- You possess excellent communication and presentation skills (keynote, xls)
- Possess prioritization skills to constantly focus on the most important project in a fast changing environment
- Analytical, curious and creative mind set
- Ability to see the big picture and zoom into the macro level technical detail
- Team player, while being able to work independently
- A driver who is self-motivated and operates with a great sense of urgency
- Ability to drive progress under immense degree of ambiguity and be comfortable working in an unstructured environment
- Excellence and keen eye for detail should be a habit.
- Ability to make key decisions and deliver results under extremely tight timelines
- Passion for the customer experience
- Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and think “outside the box” to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize deliverables to balance speed and accuracy
Lead Retail Programs and fulfillment strategy from concept to go-live and run the business after successful delivery of key initiatives. Initiatives will include Apple’s trade in program, understanding the forward and reverse supply chain and partnering with cross functional teams across Apple to automate the process. Define the scope and feature prioritization for all programs following the RFO roadmap concepts and goals Represent the business in Business Requirement Documents, Gap Reviews with BPR & IS&T Keep in close contact with business users (RFO) worldwide throughout all phases of the project (solicit feedback, validate requirements, obtain approvals, achieve global consensus on design) Collaborate with BPR & IS&T on designs and scope - sign off on final design on behalf of RFO Represent the business in conceptual and detailed design playbacks with IS&T Partner with cross functional Ops teams (BPR, Logistics, Finance, SDS, SDM, etc.) and partner with Retail teams to deliver programs and solutions Partner with RFO leadership on capital planning process (Ops & Retail gating process) Manage communications at an Executive level while being in the details of all aspects of the programs Assist in the creation and ongoing maintenance of the RFO roadmap (cap & non-cap work) Partner with user groups in planning, scripting, data setup, and execution of UAT (user acceptance testing); partner with Retail UAT team to ensure cross-functional UATs are seamless; provide UAT sign-off Drive cutover planning, with input from IS&T; engage regional RFO teams as needed for cutover task execution Design and provide reporting improvements based on needs of programs Assess current business processes for improvement opportunities. Transform broad concepts and business strategies into structured projects, lead design, and implementation Collaborate with technical and business teams to ensure systems are ready for new product launches and teams know how to utilize them to get desired business outcomes
Education & Experience
Minimum 5 years experience of program and/or project management in retail operations, inventory management, and/or supply chain BS/BA degree required. MBA or advanced degree a plus