EH&S Manager (SPG)
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EH&S team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple is looking for an experienced Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Professional to join the EH&S team to drive the further definition and implementation of the EH&S Global Chemical Management Program.
- 20 or more years experience in the development, implementation and operation of:
- Risk assessment and control
- Chemical safety and management programs
- Electrical Safety and management programs
- Equipment Safety review and approval processes
- EHS software applications
- Air, Water, Hazardous Waste and DOT/IATA regulatory compliance schemes
- Emergency response team training and programs
- International, Federal, and Local regulatory compliance programs
- Building codes and EHS design review for construction projects
- Process hazard analysis and process safety management
- Possess the skills and ability to perform:
- EH&S permitting and regulatory compliance monitoring
- Workplace safety and compliance audits and inspections
- EH&S Training development and delivery
- Management of personnel and contractors
- Additional skills and experience in the following areas are desirable
- Familiarity with chemical labeling, tracking and inventory systems
- Ability to communicate across various users groups including technology program manager, lab users, and upper management.
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Significant experience with US Federal, State, Local and International regulatory agencies for facility level chemical management regulatory compliance, regulatory inspections and incident reporting
- Ability to build strong relationships with Apple internal functions, including Facilities, Project Management, Legal, Security and business group leadership.
- Experience with technical, intensive R&D environments
- Willingness to potentially support a 24 hour emergency response on-call rotation
This position will lead EHS at a high hazard site in Colorado. Major areas of responsibility include: Management of all OSHA, EPA, Fire code and related compliance Implementation of EHS programs and training for the site Supervision of EHS personnel, contractors and suppliers Support EH&S partners and internal customers on chemical SOPs and training Participate on cross functional teams related to chemical management Participate in hazardous materials and other emergency response programs Lead development of global EHS programs and standards as assigned
Education & Experience
Education in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Studies, Chemistry, Biology, Industrial Hygiene, or Chemical Management experience in a Chemical Engineering or EHS role. Professional Engineer, Certified Industrial Hygienist or Certified Safety Professional preferred. 20 years broad-based EHS experience, with special emphasis on chemical management, process safety, and risk assessment / control. Apple Values Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor Actively practice teamwork, working within the organization and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results Take initiative and challenge the status quo Deliver more than the customer expects Ability to deal with ambiguity Drive for results We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.