Environment, Health and Safety Manager - San Diego
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products.
- 10 years of EHS experience - preferably in multi-national companies
- Highly motivated and self managing
- A people-oriented leadership style that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- A proactive, assertive, sense of urgency to problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Preferred Technical Skills
- Relevant technical certification (CSP, CIH, REA, etc.) preferred
- Apple Values
- Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently.
- Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor.
- Actively practice teamwork, working within the organization and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results.
- Take initiative and challenge the status quo.
- Deliver more than the customer expects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Drive for results.
Apple is looking for a reciprocal, highly organized professional to serve as an Environment, Health and Safety Lead, supporting Corporate & Retail functions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of occupational health and safety requirements and workplace evaluation as well as a knowledge of applicable regulations and laws. A demonstrated ability to effectively interact and influence senior management is essential. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Develop and maintain a comprehensive written environmental, health & safety program, tools, and materials for the facility in partnership with all stakeholders. Partner with Development, Preservation, Facilities, HR/ER and Store Leadership to develop and implement EHS policies, procedures and standards. Support Corporate EHS initiatives, including EHS metrics reporting and audits. Provide insight and advice on meeting the requirements of H&S for existing and emerging Apple sites, including Retail stores, office space and R&D space. Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and work with Management teams to identify and manage risks. Manage regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts, and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements. Ensure regular H&S assessments, inspections and safety check ins are completed and communicated to the appropriate teams. Manage the process for reporting, investigating and communicating accidents, hazards and concerns. Support sites with emergency response preparation, including training and drills. Develop and implement training for all personnel to assure understanding of environmental health and safety programs. Act as point of contact for the coordination for EHS communications and escalations to and from Global Retail Support and Corp offices. Ensure timely responses to Escalator requests from Operations. Support new store opening team. Partner with local H&S support vendors and local authorities. Communicate effectively to all levels, from floor to corporate executives, the progress and trends towards achieving excellence in EHS compliance.
Education & Experience
BA or BS program in a relevant EHS discipline We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.