Camera Architect - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The Camera Architecture team is responsible for creating future camera hardware requirements that tie in together with the ISP definitions, power budgets and design requirements. You will have in-depth understanding of modern imaging algorithms, such as HDR, Super resolution, Auto-focus, multi-camera algorithms, etc. This will be extremely useful in order to successfully tie in highly optimized camera hardware solutions with state of the art software providing market leading imaging experience.
- The engineer will have a strong understanding of mobile imaging systems
- Detailed understanding of the latest, cutting edge camera modules
- Good knowledge of state of the art ISP’s
- Experience in full system simulations and evaluation of the simulation results
- Good understanding of image quality metrics and great imaging experience
Working together with camera HW, ISP and algorithm design teams creating proposals for Apple future imaging solutions. Analyzing system simulations to quantify proposals and designs. Developing methods to quantify, simulate and analyze proposals for future imaging systems. Delivering executive level presentations based on solid facts and detailed analysis.
Education & Experience
MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Imaging Science or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.