Ad Platforms Business Strategist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming life changing products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. Working as part of an extraordinary team, we're looking for a highly motivated and experienced Business Strategist to work within our Global Business Strategy team. You will work closely with teams and partners worldwide to help shape our global strategy for Ad Platforms. Now imagine what you could do here?
- 7+ years of analyzing and evaluating digital advertising markets and developing plans and strategies to drive growth within a high-tech company or product group.
- A strong understanding of the digital advertising industry and its trends, together with strong perspectives on where the market is headed.
- Ability to identify key data sources and analyze new business opportunities
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to influence and work effectively with cross-functional teams in a global matrix organization
- Strong self-starter who is able to work independently and also within cross functional and ad hoc teams
- Ability to help develop a long range vision for the business by using a wide variety of data sources and analysis techniques
- Commitment to ensuring our business strategy drives growth and business results through constant refinement
Your work will involve making key analytical contributions and being responsible for core components of Ad Platform’s business strategy. As a Business Strategist, you will work within a small but highly experienced team to identify and evaluate opportunities for the Ad Platforms business. We will expect you to identify key risks and upsides for new business opportunities, and to help figure out how best to incorporate a variety of new initiatives into our plans for global growth. Your work will enable the Ad Platforms senior leadership team to develop a robust portfolio of businesses with the capacity to realize our goals even under conditions of high economic and political uncertainty. You will be required to apply a variety of conventional and innovative analytical techniques to evaluate new opportunities and markets. We also use a set of innovative frameworks which you will be required to apply to new opportunities in order to help build out our strategy. Because our business strategy must fit into Apple’s overarching vision and guiding principles, your work will involve a significant amount of cross business collaboration throughout Apple. Accordingly, you will be expected to liaise and interact productively with departments and groups both inside and outside of Ad Platforms. You will be also expected to participate in cross department group discussions to build consensus for our long range plans, and be able to articulate and evangelize our strategy across the organization.
Education & Experience
You have an MBA or equivalent education.
- You have a background that includes corporate research, business and corporate development and strategy work as well as deep experience of business analysis and modeling.
- Prior digital marketing experience is a plus.