Smart Home Software Engineer-HomeKit
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for building the best customer interactions? Do you like to create new architectures that balance the varied requirements of a project? If you thrive in an environment where you take the initiative to move products forward, then we want to talk to you. The Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team is looking for software engineers that are interested in tying together hardware, frameworks and apps to provide Apple’s singular user experience for the Home. We want you to join our team to develop groundbreaking technologies for the next-generation smart-home experience.
- Expert in a C-based language: C, C++ or Objective-C
- Proven collaboration skills, with an understanding of how to drive teams to consensus
- Ability to quickly learn others’ code and adapt into prototypes
- A deep understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Experience working throughout the stack
- A sincere passion for consumer devices and the associated user experience
You’ll work on the architecture; design and build prototypes; write and maintain daemons, frameworks and command-line tools; and spread the vision to other teams to help create new products in Apple’s Home ecosystem. You’ll be using your excellent analytical skills, debugging experience and overall software know-how on your own projects and to provide guidance and support across Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience developing for an Apple platform: iOS, macOS, tvOS or watchOS
- Background with iOT platforms
- Xcode familiarity
- Embedded hardware experience is useful
- Exposure to platform security
- Experience in other domains such as voice, wireless, audio processing, etc.