Americas Distribution Center - Logistics Planning Analyst
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Distribution Center Operations Logistics Planning Analyst will be responsible for the planning at our Americans distribution centers to include areas such as supply inventory space requirements, volume demand forecasting, and planned production rates. In this role, you will work closely with our 3PLs and Supply Demand Management teams to analyze long term projections and trends to understand impacts to our network. This role is key to foreseeing future challenges in our DC supply chain to understand what actions must be taken strategically to prevent and possessing the ability to articulate throughout the organization. You should be customer focused, process minded and have a passion for excellence. You will work in a broad organization, collaborate well with others, and have the ability deep dive into data going an inch-wide mile deep. This role requires superior business insight, strong people and service provider leadership, and innovative process improvement skills to drive customer satisfaction in the areas of delivery management and fulfillment. In addition, leadership skills to encourage exceptional performance, facilitate an energetic environment, leading to results that deliver a consistent excellent experience for team members and customers are highly desired.
- 5+ years Operations experience
- Prior experience in forecast planning, forecasting controls, inventory management, and/or production / manufacturing operations is strongly preferred.
- In this role, you will combine a working understanding of supply chain practices, strong problem solving capabilities, and business savvy.
- You will need to have strong Excel skills & analytical skills
- You are expected to exert thoughtful influence in a matrixed organization - should be a strong teammate and communicator.
- You should be confident presenting to senior management.
- Additional requirements include the ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of amenity in working with numbers.
- Up to 30% travel required
- Think strategically
- Deal with ambiguity
- Interact efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced deadline driven work environment
- Persistent attention to detail
- Strong presentation abilities and executive presence
- Remarkable written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical/quantitative and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership capabilities; naturally be able to motivate a team of individual project contributors.
- Excellent forward-thinking capabilities; must be able to see beyond the current state, identify risks/opportunities and drive project teams toward the desired program outcome
- Demonstrated background in continuous improvement and application in a program/project oriented role
- Collaborate closely with 3PLs to develop and understand capacity plans to fulfill all demand for Online, Retail, and Reseller channels - Responsible for preparing, understanding, and effectively communicating out statistical data - Drive tool development and management systems - Investigate problems, find root causes and develop solutions - Provide analytical support for projects, key performance indicators, and capital planning - Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively - Represent logistics on cross-functional teams - Evaluate existing capabilities and establish new systems and processes for tracking, measurement, reporting, and analysis of DC Ops - Providing reports to management; inventory, distribution, freight, cycle time, etc.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required, MS/MBA preferred