Embedded Sensor Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
In the Core Operating Systems group, you’ll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. Apple is well known for its innovative products and its pure dedication to customer-oriented features that “just work”. Behind its success, Apple amasses top engineering talents to develop world-class hardware and software solutions that work amazingly well together. One such fast growing technology is Sensor, which adds the notion of senses to an array of already highly intelligent devices. We are looking for top embedded software engineers in this area.
- A genuine interest in embedded software development
- A fundamental knowledge of embedded processors, with in-depth knowledge of real time operating system concepts.
- A very good understanding of system architecture in an embedded environment
- Solid C or C++ coding skills. Familiarity with Assembly preferred
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Solid Hardware and Software debugging skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
We are looking for top embedded software engineers in the area of core sensor technologies. By integrating motion, optical, and other advanced sensing hardware to Apple’s products, we are now able to create innovative features that are truly adaptive to the user and the environment. This can be a rewarding career as you will have the ability to impact the user experience of millions of Apple users.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills