Digital-Mixed-Signal Modeling Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. We invite you to join us, if you are a self-motivating, passionate electrical engineer with Digital-Mixed Signal Modeling experience. You will own the design and verification of efficient and accurate models, run SystemVerilog simulations and analysis for analog circuits, as well as coordinate with central DV and modeling efforts. Would you like to become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation? Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Apple - we hope you will thrive in that type of environment.
- We would like you to have 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Deep knowledge of event-driven modeling techniques is key to success.
- Strong knowledge of mixed signal concepts is essential to have.
- You can benefit from working knowledge of Verilog and SystemVerilog.
- Advance knowledge of data analysis tools (Matlab, Python) is desired.
- Good knowledge of circuit design (transistor level circuits, schematic capture, ‘spice’ simulation) will be beneficial.
- Understanding of PLLs is a plus.
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog assertions, checkers, and other design verification techniques will be very useful.
- Proficiency in scripting languages, like Perl and TCL, is a bonus.
- Experience with front-end tools (Verilog simulators, linters, clock-domain crossing checkers, formality) a plus.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
In this highly visible role, your responsibilities will include: - Design accurate and efficient event-driven models for analog and RF circuits, and use these models in SystemVerilog simulations to validate the behavior of the analog circuit in the system context. - Participate in the design, verification, and bring-up of such blocks by performing schematic/behavioral comparisons, writing relevant assertions, debugging code, writing analog characterization testbenches, and otherwise interacting with the analog, digital, and design verification teams. - Play a key role in overall radio digital control verification, owning the top-level transceiver test bench to validate radio operational mode functionality using both full behavioral models and analog/mixed-signal simulations - Take part in the lab bring-up of those circuits by potentially writing test scripts, analyzing lab data, proposing experiments, etc. - Coordinate between the analog/RF design team and central verification and modeling teams.
Education & Experience
BSEE is a requirement, MSEE preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.