Photonics Design and Test Engineer - Exploratory Design Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Apple's Exploratory Design Group is looking for a Photonics Design and Test Engineer to actively participate in the development and testing of semiconductor optical devices such as detectors. This person will be responsible for the development of new photonics structures, from the design, through fabrication, characterization, and the data analysis. This person will also play a meaningful role helping to integrate the findings, and designing, the next generation photo-detector modules.
- Proven background with Opto-Electronics and photo-detector
- Previous experience in III-V and II-VI fabrication, detector design and fabrication
- Deep understanding of semiconductor devices
- Good Programming skills, e.g. Python, Matlab
- You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the novel fabrication flows for photo- detectors - Design and implementation of test infrastructure and testing of opto-electronic devices - Participate in the data analysis and necessary statistical analysis for performance assessment - Ability to use scientific theory and published data to develop new photonics structures to meet - Specific performance requirements - Scientific reporting of the full process
Education & Experience
Master in EE/Physics with optics background (3+ years of experience) or PhD in Optics, Physics or Electrical Engineering.