Siri - Machine Learning Engineer, Advanced Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Siri Advanced Development Group (ADG) is looking for an exceptional machine learning engineer who is passionate about incubating and deploying innovative technologies and features to millions of Apple users. As the research and development arm of Siri, ADG's charter is to prototype next generation experiences and capabilities by tightly coupling state-of-the-art core technologies, and even new hardware, to the user interface. We are an elite team looking for ambitious, strongly technical and creative thinkers, but also team players. Because of the nature of the work, you should be comfortable with uncertainty, taking calculated risks and failing fast.
- 3-5years experience with various machine learning/statistical modeling data analysis tools and techniques
- Expertise in Python, Perl, or another scripting language
- Proven ability to dive into data to discover hidden patterns and conduct error/deviation analysis
- Track record of developing large-scale data modeling experiments, evaluating against strong baselines, and extracting key statistical insights and/or cause and effect relations
- Strong background in design of experiment, A/B testing, and analytics
- Experience working with end-to-end pipelines and/or crowd-sourced data labeling
- Enthusiasm for continuing to learn state-of-the-art techniques in machine learning/data science
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong attention to detail and passion for data and numbers
If hired, you will work with a passionate, product-focused team to ideate, rapidly prototype, and ship next-generation experiences for Apple products. You will work with large amounts of real-world data to analyze and develop user-facing features. You will ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including designing data collection experiments, identifying ground truth, data wrangling, etc. Your expertise in defining and measuring the online and offline end-to-end metrics for our features will help communicate, evaluate, and iterate on state-of-the-art deployed models and predictors. This position offers the right person a chance to play an important role in the next revolution in machine learning and human-computer interaction. You will contribute to a product that is redefining computing. You will be part of a team that’s creating groundbreaking conversational assistant technologies for both large scale systems and new client devices. You will work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that already helps millions of people get things done. You will be working in the Siri Advanced Development Group, at Apple.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics or related fields.