Wireless Power Systems Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Are you ready to join the Wireless Architecture team?
- You will have 5+ years of wireless system architecture experience in mobile applications and expertise with power modeling of wireless chipsets or platforms
- You will have demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across a cross functional organization
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation
- Deep understanding of cellular radio access standards (including but not limited to LTE, UMTS, GSM) and their implications on cellular chipset architectures and on the modes of operation of a chipset
- Thorough understanding of performance modeling for cellular system-level use cases, in particular for power (should understand state-of-the art chipset and system level power optimization approaches).
In this role you will be a key member acting as the technical lead for power modeling and architecture for wireless systems. You will analyze, define and track power targets for wireless subsystems and atomic power use cases derived from product requirements. Develop and document system architecture for wireless power management for optimal energy efficiency and consistent with product requirements for thermal and peak power constraints. Interface with cellular chipset vendors to ensure consistency of chipset architecture with power architecture requirements, such as HW/SW interfaces, debug and tool support, packaging. You will also drive and direct internal and external teams for consistent modeling, tracking and reporting of power optimization activities. Prepare and drive project decisions related to wireless power system architecture. Facilitate and lead critical technical problem resolution activities.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience is required; MS or PhD preferred