Wireless Power Systems Architect - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Bring your passion and dedication, and there's no telling what we can accomplish together. Come join our Platform Architecture team and lead the power modeling and architecture for wireless systems.
- 5+ years of wireless system architecture experience in mobile applications and expertise in physical layer procedures and algorithms design for layer 1
- Proven ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across a cross functional organization
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system architecture
- Deep understanding of cellular radio access standards (including but not limited to 5G-NR, LTE, UMTS, GSM) and their implications on cellular chipset architectures and on the modes of operation of a chipset
- Thorough understanding of performance modeling for cellular system-level use cases, in particular for power (should understand state-of-the art chipset and system level power optimization approaches)
The Wireless Power Systems Architect will analyze, define, and track power targets for wireless subsystems and atomic power use cases derived from product requirements. Develop and document system architecture for wireless power management for optimal energy efficiency and consistent with product requirements for thermal and peak power constraints. Work with cellular chipset vendors to ensure consistency of chipset architecture with power architecture requirements, such as HW/SW interfaces, debug and tool support, packaging. Drive and direct internal and external teams for consistent modeling, tracking and reporting of power optimization activities. Prepare and drive project decisions related to wireless power system architecture. Facilitate and lead critical technical problem resolution activities.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required; MS or Ph.D. preferred